To be honest, I don’t wear foundations/BB creams a lot. Only on a special occasion because my face breaks out shortly after I wear it. Since there are so many of them, I still haven’t found the one that really works for my skin. That’s why I wanted to review today my most recently tried BB cream from Catrice and a little bit of the Etos Blush & Lipgloss.
Etos Powder Blush, Catrice BB Allround Foundation, Etos Lip Gloss
For this post I’ve used the Catrice BB all around foundation multi-benefit make up. Which cost under $10 here in the local drugstores. According to the package it has the following benefits:
- Balancing – Hydrates the skin and reduces shine with oil-absorbing powder
- Correcting – Minimizes the visibility of pores, softens imperfections and hides all types of pigmentation and discoloration
- Protecting – Contains UV filters that protect the skin from UV rays
- Illuminating – With illuminating pigments that guarantee a radiant glow and a silky skin
- Covering – Conceals skin imperfections
- Moisturizing – Contains sweet almond oil that treats dry and sensitive skin
The BB cream isn’t really liquid but at the same time not very thick. I do admit that I rather apply this cream with my fingers then my foundation brush. You can easily apply it on your face so that’s a bonus point. 🙂 I do think that the foundation covers up pretty good, but I admit that my pores are still visible, but not as much as before.
When it comes to pimples, you can never hide them, but it does it’s work good. The foundation doesn’t give me the feeling that I have a thick layer of foundation on my face, and that’s something I love about it. Another thing I love about this foundation is that it has UV filters that protect your skin from UV rays, even when the winter days are around, you still need your protection from the sun!
I do admit that I’m still testing all these foundations, so I can’t really tell if this will be my favorite one yet. It’s afforable and does follow up on the benefits for my skin as described on the package. In the pictures below you can see my non-make up face on the left, and my face with my make up on, on the right one.
In the picture above, the model is wearing the Etos powder blush, it costs about $5 in their store. Their powder blush has five unique color tones in a box, to create a natural, fresh and healthy glow. It may not really been seen in the picture, but it gives a nice soft glow on your cheekbones and that’s something I really love about it. You wear it, but it doesn’t blow off your face. I think everyone needs this kind of powder blush in their make up bag!
The model is also wearing the Lipgloss of Etos, it only cost about $3. It doesn’t last for long on your lips but it does give the lips a lovely color. Since it’s so cheap I don’t mind to give my lips a little color from time to time. 🙂
1. Have you ever tried the Catrice BB Allround Foundation? If not, are you willing to try it out?
2. What’s your favorite foundation?